Friday, November 19, 2010

Walls!!!

SSOOOO WE have WALLS!!!! The house looks so good. When I walked in...I thought I was going to pee in my pants. I finally feel like we are getting close. After the ceilings are repaired and painted, we are doing the floors. Cabinets and trim are in the midst of all that. I got in there a few nights ago and cleaned up most of the mess, and for now, my job is to pick out paint colors. This has been such a hard job for me. After studying art all those years I see color in everything. Even if it appears white...I see some kind of color in it. At our townhouse, I repainted several times because it didn't turn out how I wanted it to. However, I've been reading a ton of magazines and blogs. Apparently, beige is "so 5 years ago". I read that lavender is the new beige. Try to get Ben Davis to paint his walls lavender. However, we are using some purple in our bedroom and are thinking about mixing some lavender into the ceiling. I'm talking barely there though. We have a very ecclectic style combing vintage(me) and modern(ben) pieces. Plus, I have art and photographs that need to be on neutral walls. Neutral freaks me out the way color freaks most people out. At our old place, I had orange walls, a crazy chartrussey yellowish green color, and several other colors you wouldn't think to put on your walls...but I loved. However, I want this house to look more "grown up", tasteful, and suit the style of the house. Since I've done the bold color thing...I decided to go for something different...alittle more chic. I love change, so I knew I would want something that went with my decor changes...especially during seasons and holidays. After all, it's much easier to change your pillows than your wall color. I have asked my friend Nate, who is a painter, to help me find shades of grey that are true, crisp and most importantly not sad. We'll see how it turns out! Want to come help us paint??? :) I've included some pictures below of my inspiration for the walls. Hopefully, our ceilings will look like the one in the picture with the fireplace.





























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amaree!!! You know color well! You must have had a wonderful art teacher! In HS that is!!! LOL
I love reading about your house! I saw a kitchen in person the other day...white cabinets and trim with olive green (kinda bright, but olive) kitchen...gorgeous! Dr. Rick Davis' house in Rock Barn...it was really pretty and warm! Good luck and keep posting; I'll keep reading! SUSAN

Hil Dog Ryder said...

AM-I love it and I am so excited, I cant wait to see your house! Love the design pictures as well.